This gluten-free pumpkin cake is so incredibly moist and delicious, you won’t believe it’s gluten-free! It’s super quick and easy to whip up, and makes the perfect fall dessert to serve for family or guests.
We sometimes include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through affiliate links on this page, we may earn a small commission.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes
2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to1)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup melted coconut oil (or baking oil of choice)
4 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pie filling) or 1 3/4 cup fresh pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla (or extract)
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (can substitute vegan cream cheese)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (or dairy-free alternative), room temperature
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (or extract)
2-4 Tablespoons milk (can substitute dairy-free milk)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan; set aside.
2. Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
4. Whisk until combined and all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
5. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and level with the back of a rubber spatula.
6. Bake for 35-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. For the cream cheese frosting: Add room temperature cream cheese and room temperature butter
to a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed with an electric beater until smooth and creamy.
Add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time, alternating with the milk. Then add in the vanilla
and continue to mix until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
8. When the cake cools, frost the cake, slice and enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted from glutenfreepalate.com
All blog content shared through HealthSmart! Kids is for informational purposes only and not to be construed as medical advice. Always talk with your qualified health care provider for managing your health care needs.