Kids don’t operate 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and their health care shouldn’t either. That’s why Akron Children’s offers families the ability to schedule a child’s sick visit day or night at its pediatric offices through MyChart.
Gone are the days of waiting for open office hours or remaining on hold to make an appointment. It’s quick and easy, and it’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online or through the MyChart app for your convenience.
Whether you schedule through MyChart or call Akron Children’s Appointment Center, the same appointment schedule will be available for all patients.
To schedule a sick visit in MyChart, your child must be 6 months or older. Typical symptoms may include:
- Cough, congestion and other cold symptoms
- Ear pain, or pulling on ears
- Eye redness, drainage or itching
- Rash or other skin infections
For some high-risk symptoms, such as a concussion, families are asked to call the office to schedule the appointment to ensure the child’s safety.
How to schedule a sick visit in MyChart
Scheduling a sick visit is similar to scheduling a well visit. Here’s how:
- Click “Schedule an Appointment” under the Find Care tab in the patient’s main menu or you can find the button by choosing “Visits” in the toolbar.
- Then, choose your specific provider or click “Pediatrics” as your reason for the visit.
- Select your child’s symptoms from the drop-down list and hit “continue.” You may need to answer additional questions about your child’s symptoms.
- Choose your desired location or select “Any location,” and hit “continue.”
- Search for your preferred date and time.
- Review patient information, appointment details and visit instructions.
- Then, enter important information you want to address during your child’s visit and select “Schedule it.”
If you need to schedule multiple children on the same day, please call the office for more convenient scheduling options.
For more information about scheduling sick visits or MyChart in general, call 330-543-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in to your MyChart account.
Don’t have a MyChart account? Sign up today.