This easy sheet pan roasted broccoli and cauliflower with Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and garlic is a quick and delicious side dish!
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
When I need a fast and easy vegetable side dish my family will love, I make this Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower recipe. The garlic, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs add so much flavor to the veggies, and I always have these ingredients on hand. This dish is easy, and it goes with anything, like pork chops, air fryer chicken cutlets, fish florentine and more. If you want something even simpler, you may also like this roasted cauliflower or roasted broccoli recipe. For more roasted vegetables, try these Roasted Carrots with Feta, Roasted Mushrooms, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash.
Why You’ll Love This Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli Recipe
- Savory: The vegetables develop a rich flavor when roasted with garlic and parmesan.
- Easy: Toss everything together and roast on a sheet pan.
- Quick: Once you prep the vegetables, it only takes a couple of minutes to season them before throwing them in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. You can finish up the rest of your while they cook.
- Healthy: Broccoli and cauliflower are packed with fiber and low in calories and carbs. They’re great sources of vitamin C, folate, and many other vitamins and minerals.
- Goes with Any Meal: Roasted cauliflower and broccoli are a classic side dish that works as a side for meat, pasta, soup, and more.
- Vegetables: You’ll need four heaping cups of broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- Garlic: Peel four large garlic cloves and thinly slice them.
- Oil: Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Salt to season the veggies
- Breadcrumbs: Toss the florets with seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Parmesan: Sprinkle half of the grated Parmesan on the vegetables before baking and the other half once you remove the tray from the oven.
How to Roast Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Prep: Ensure the oven rack is in the center, and preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a sheet pan with oil.
- Season: Place the vegetables in a bowl with the garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the breadcrumbs and half of the parmesan. Spread the mixture on the sheet pan.
- How Long to Roast Broccoli and Cauliflower: Cook the veggies for 20 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway. They’re ready when the florets are tender- crisp and browned on the edges.
- Serve: Remove the sheet pan from the oven and top with the remaining cheese before serving.
- Vegetables: Feel free to use all cauliflower or all broccoli. You can also use this recipe with other veggies, like broccolini, carrots slice thin, or Brussels sprouts.
- Heat: Top with some red pepper flakes for a little spice.
- Breadcrumbs: If you don’t have seasoned breadcrumbs, season regular ones with onion powder, garlic powder, and dried herbs.
- Seasoning: Add other spices, like onion powder, everything bagel, or dried herbs, like parsley or oregano.
- Feeding more or less people? Double or halve the recipe, depending on how many people you’re serving. If you double the recipe, put the vegetables on two baking sheets so they’re not overcrowded.
What to Serve with Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
How to Store Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
Roasted vegetables are best eaten hot after they’re done. However, you can save leftovers for up to four days in the refrigerator and reheat them in the microwave, air fryer, or oven until warm. Leftover cauliflower and broccoli would be good in a grain bowl with quinoa, farro, or brown rice and your favorite protein.
Cauliflower can take a little longer to cook than broccoli. That’s why it’s important to make sure your florets are cut small and approximately the same size for even cooking time.
If your cauliflower is tough, it didn’t roast long enough. Pop it back in the oven for a few minutes and taste it again.
Cauliflower and broccoli are both flowering members of the cabbage family known as cruciferous vegetables.
More Broccoli and Cauliflower Recipes You Will Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Adjust the rack to the center of the oven. Spray a sheet pan with oil.
Place the vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, breadcrumbs and half of the parmesan cheese and toss well to coat.
Spread out onto a sheet pan and roast in the center of the oven until the vegetables are tender-crisp and browned on the edges, tossing halfway, about 20 to 30 minutes.
When vegetables are cooked and browned on the edges, remove from oven and top with remaining grated cheese. Serve hot.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 1/4 cups, Calories: 163 kcal, Carbohydrates: 14 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 1.5 g, Cholesterol: 0.5 mg, Sodium: 368.5 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 3.5 g